Frequently Asked Questions
Thanks for considering advertising your business with Long Island Exchange ® Inc,. Here are some frequently asked questions to help you understand advertising on our site.
(1) If I buy an ad for my business, how long does it take for me to get listed? Generally, business listings are added to the web site within a few hours, but it should never take longer than one (1) business day.
(2) Do all listing types include a link to my web site? Any listing you purchase will include a listing with your businesses name, address, phone number, and web link to your business provided that you have an active web site and you submit it with your order. Please note that all links in our business directory must be to family friendly web sites and not promote nudity, violence, or hate related content. Our editorial discretion applies and is nonnegotiable.
(3) What is the main difference between the standard listing and the featured listing? A standard listing includes your business as a choice among other local businesses while users are searching for companies in our directory or on search engines. The main significant difference between the standard listing and the featured listing is that an ad which is featured will be placed on top of other ads near the top of the page before a user scrolls to view all the business listings. Having a featured ad ensures that your business is seen first before the user has the time to consider other standard advertisers. Photo examples and prices can be seen on the advertising page by selecting the listing type and clicking "show me what I get" .
(4) What is a deluxe listing? The deluxe listing option is for businesses who wish to have an entire page of information and images on our web site. These are used mostly for companies whom have no web site of their own or who wish to display large ads and would like to stand out from the crowd as much as possible. A full page ad also gives you the opportunity for us to design it in such a way that it is likely to do very well in search engines for particular keywords which relate specifically to your business. Deluxe ads require a full page design, as well as take considerable time and effort on our part and require some initial information from you so that we understand how you would like your page to appear on our site. A deluxe ad package also includes both the standard and featured listings. Photo examples and prices can be seen on the advertising page by selecting the listing type and clicking "show me what I get" .
(5) Does my listing have to show my address? I do not want to display my address as I work from home. This is becoming more and more common these days with the growth of the Internet - and you're in good company. Many successful businesses are now run from the comfort of home. Customers who rather not display their address may use a very short sentence of descriptive promotional text rather than using an address. Editorially, we may require at least the town where your business is located. This will vary depending on our editorial discretion, but your listing does not need to display an address if you would rather not list it.
(6) What if I need to update my listing? Updating a listing can be done as often as necessary. If any of your business details change, simply email or call us to update your listing.
(7) Is there a contract or can I cancel anytime? There are no contracts. Once you place an advertisement, either through the web site or over the phone, you are placed on an auto biller system and you will be charged every month for your ad, if you wish to cancel an ad placed through the web site, you can cancel anytime.You can cancel by either emailing us with your intention to cancel or by calling customer service at (631) 592-4425.
(8) How many people visit LongIslandExchange.com? Our web site receives over 1.8 million visitors per year. This translates into over 170,000 people visiting per month who generate roughly 5,131,043 page views per year pages views per month. More information on our web site traffic is available in our media kit.
(9) How long has LongIslandExchange.com been in business? LongIslandExchange.com began in 2002. We have been serving the Long Island community for over 10 years. During this time we have received five (5) awards for creative marketing and advertising. More information on our awards can be found on our awards page.
(10) Can I buy a banner ad or a text link, and if so, how much is it? Banner ads and single links are placed on our web site sparingly and primarily for advertisers who have been with us for a long period of time. However, you can purchase a banner ad or text link in various areas although there is no set pricing. All banners and links are priced according to placement, how many pages they appear on, and exactly where and how it is placed on the web site. Banner ads and links require communication with our sales department prior to ordering and will be reviewed by our editorial department for possible placement.
(11) I saw a coupon code on the order form, what's that all about? Periodically we issue 10% or 20% coupon codes to save you money on advertising. This also helps us track our advertising efforts. If you have a coupon code you may enter it into the order form to see if it is still valid. Valid coupon codes will light up green if entered correctly. If you do not have a coupon code or your coupon is showing up with a red bar, that promotion has ended. You can contact us and request a coupon code. If you would like to place a banner or link on your web site to receive a special coupon code, click here.
(12) Can I trust Long Island Exchange with my credit card and payment details? We understand that in this day and age of Identity Theft and Credit Card Fraud that using your credit card to make payments online is sometimes worrisome. To keep our customers safe, Long Island Exchange processes all transactions in house and not online. To read through our terms of service and privacy policies click here. Either way, we would like to ensure you that we use the utmost care with your secure details.
(13) Can I pay for my ad by check or money order? Yes, if you prefer to pay for your business listing by check or money order you can call and mail it in. Please note that all ads paid for by check or money order are required to be paid in full for the year. When it is time to renew your ad, you will receive an invoice by postal mail for your renewal.
If you have a question that is not answered here, feel free to contact us and ask for a sales person.