Patrick McEnroe & Lisa White Among Contributors
(BETHPAGE, N.Y.) –– Spring is in the air, which for high school students means prepping for finals and looking ahead to the long awaited summer break. To help students through the high and lows of the final semester and summer months, MSGVarsity.com is kicking off “Experts Corner,” an online expert video series. The first topic of the series, “How to Stay in Shape for the Spring and Summer‚ Mentally and Physically,” features 5 experts weighing in on a variety of subjects for the benefit of high school students.
- Patrick McEnroe, former professional tennis player, General Manager of Player Development for the USTA and U.S. Davis Cup Captain, McEnroe shares his love of tennis and his knowledge of the game including tips for beginners, playing doubles and why tennis is a great way to stay in shape.
- Lisa White, head athletic trainer for the WNBA’s New York Liberty, shares her expertise in stretching, conditioning, and staying in shape for female high school students.
- Dr. David Dines, Medical Director for the Long Island Ducks, ATP Tour and world- renowned shoulder surgeon, shares tips on how to stay healthy and have fun by staying active.
- Don McPherson, College Football Hall of Famer, activist and host of MSG Varsity’s “Don McPherson’s Training For Life,” discusses finishing the year strong, making the most of the summer and delivers a special message for graduating seniors.
- Ben Paris, for more than 15 years, Paris has been helping students get ready and stay calm for the big tests. The Expert Corner’s Text Prep expert shares key tips on test preparation, test stress and choosing the right college.
“We are excited to kick off this new online series,” said Theresa Chillianis, MSG Varsity’s General Manager. “’Experts Corner’ is another great resource that MSGVarsity.com is offering students and viewers and we look forward to building upon this series.”
To view the videos online please go to www.msgvarsity.com.
About MSG Varsity
MSG Varsity is a multi-platform suite of services comprised of: a 24/7 television network, a comprehensive online destination, and a groundbreaking interactive service, all dedicated to high school sports, academics and activities happening throughout the tri-state area. Content for these services includes MSG Varsity’s professionally produced programming as well as content created by the high schools themselves. Working in partnership with MSG Varsity, students and faculty are given extraordinary access to curriculum and training in multimedia creation and distribution, empowering them to become active participants in telling their school’s stories. MSG Varsity is a Cablevision exclusive service not available to satellite or phone company TV subscribers and reaches three million households throughout the New York market. For more information, please visit www.msgvarsity.com.
Cablevision Systems Corporation is one of the nation’s leading telecommunications, media and entertainment companies. In addition to its Optimum-branded cable, Internet, and voice offerings, the company owns and operates News 12 Networks, MSG Varsity and Newsday Media Group. Cablevision’s assets also include Rainbow Media Holdings LLC and its programming and entertainment businesses, AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC Entertainment, as well as Clearview Cinemas. Additional information about Cablevision is available on the Web at www.cablevision.com.