Scholarship awarded by Long Island accident attorneys Siler & Ingber, LLP providing much-needed awareness to the current opioid epidemic sweeping the nation
(Long Island, NY) A timely scholarship awarded by Long Island accident attorneys Siler & Ingber, LLP is providing much needed awareness to the current opioid epidemic sweeping the nation. Read on to learn the requirements of the scholarship and the motivation behind and purpose of its creation.
Unfortunately, there is no way to rectify the loss of life already claimed by the opioid epidemic. However, thanks to the efforts of Siler & Ingber, LLP and their commitment to raise awareness of the problem in New York, there are efforts currently underway that will create hope where only darkness once inhabited. This comes in the form of a scholarship the firm is awarding to a deserving student whose life has been forever altered by the opioid crisis.
The attorneys at Siler & Ingber, LLP have proudly partnered with the Rabinowitz Family Foundation to make this scholarship a reality and hopefully bring the dream of a college education to fruition for a few deserving students.
This $5,000 educational scholarship, aptly named the Siler & Ingber LLP Opioid Awareness Scholarship, is posed to give a much-needed message to those affected by the opioid crisis; a message of hope. Though the opioid crisis continues to take lives in record numbers- claiming seven lives an hour in America alone – there is perhaps an end in sight through awareness and education, both of which are promoted by this scholarship.
The Opioid Awareness Scholarship serves two vital roles in creating change, the first being to raise awareness of the epidemic as it exists today while inspiring people to make a difference. The second is to empower those who have been impacted by the crisis personally to produce a real change in the world.
In other words, through the creation of this scholarship, Siler & Ingber LLP are offering a ray of light to those whose lives have been so negatively impacted by the darkness of drug addiction, while simultaneously bringing much-needed awareness to the issue for those who are currently unaware of its scope.
Opioid Awareness Scholarship Requirements for Application
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or be authorized to work in the United States.
- Be accepted and planning to attend a two or four-year University or trade school for the fall of 2018.
- Have a cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA in either high school or undergraduate school.
- Be a resident of New York State
Specifics of the Scholarship
- A completed scholarship application form
- One to three-page essay typed. (The essay must include how the applicant has been impacted by the opioid epidemic and how they plan to use their education to fight the crisis).
- An official, completed copy of high school or most recent college transcripts.
- An acceptance letter from an accredited trade school or University
- Proof of legal residency in the United States. This could be a passport, birth certificate or permanent resident card, etc.
When the scholarship is awarded:
- It will be used exclusively for class fees and tuition.
- A check of $5,000 will be made towards the award recipient’s University to cover tuition.
- Recipients of the award must submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.