Thanks for considering advertising your business with Long Island Exchange. Here are some frequently asked questions to help you understand advertising on our site.
(1) If I buy an ad for my business, how long does it take for me to get listed? Generally, business listings are added to the web site within a few hours, but it should never take longer than one (1) business day.
(2) Do all listing types include a link to my web site? Any listing you purchase will include your businesses name, address and phone number. Only featured businesses have links to external sites. Please note that all links in our business directory must be to family friendly web sites and not promote nudity, violence, or hate related content. Our editorial discretion applies and is nonnegotiable.
(3) What is the main difference between the standard listing and the featured listing? A standard listing includes your business as a choice among other local businesses. The main differences between the standard listing and the featured listing is that an ad which is featured will be placed on top of other ads near the top of the page before a user scrolls to view all the business listings. Having a featured ad ensures that your business is seen first before the user has the time to consider other standard advertisers. Featured listings never move to page 2 of a category and are always on top of the first page. Featured listings stand out and are also separated by a yellow colored border, include a link out to a website of your choice as well as a logo and featured promotional text.
(4) What is a deluxe listing? There is a deluxe listing option (not listed on the insertion page) for businesses who wish to have an entire custom page of information and images on our web site. These are used mostly for companies whom have no web site of their own or who wish to display large ads and would like to stand out from the crowd as much as possible. A full page ad also gives you the opportunity for us to design it in such a way that it is likely to do very well in search engines for particular keywords which relate specifically to your business. Deluxe ads require a full page design, as well as take considerable time and effort on our part and require some initial information from you so that we understand how you would like your page to appear on our site. They are not on the automated check back and are custom ordered.
(5) Does my listing have to show my address? I do not want to display my address as I work from home. This is becoming more and more common these days with the growth of the Internet – and you’re in good company. Many successful businesses are now run from the comfort of home. Customers who rather not display their address may use a very short sentence of descriptive promotional text rather than using an address. Editorially, we may require at least the town where your business is located. This will vary depending on our editorial discretion, but your listing does not need to display an address if you would rather not list it.
(6) What if I need to update my listing? Updating a listing can be done as often as necessary. If any of your business details change, simply email or call us to update your listing.
(7) Is there a contract or can I cancel anytime? There are no contracts. Once you place an advertisement, either through the web site or over the phone, you are placed on an auto billed system and you will be charged every month for your ad; if you wish to cancel an ad placed through the web site, you can cancel anytime.You can cancel by either emailing us with your intention to cancel or by calling customer service at (631) 592-4425.
(8) How many people visit LongIslandExchange.com? Our web site receives 1.0 million visitors per year. This translates into roughly 90,000 people visiting per month.
(9) How long has LongIslandExchange.com been in business? LongIslandExchange.com began in 2002. We have been serving the Long Island community for over 10 years. During this time we have received five (5) awards for creative marketing and advertising.
(10) Can I buy a banner ad or a text link, and if so, how much is it? Banner ads are placed on our web site sparingly and primarily for advertisers who have been with us for a long period of time. However, you can purchase a banner ad in various areas although there is no set pricing. We do not sell text links on our website.
(11) Can I trust Long Island Exchange with my credit card and payment details? We understand that in this day and age of Identity Theft and Credit Card Fraud that using your credit card to make payments online is sometimes worrisome. To keep our customers safe, Long Island Exchange processes transactions with PayPal leaving credit card details with you within your own Paypal account. However, we will process transactions in-house if you prefer to call in and not do a transaction online. To read through our terms of service and privacy policies click here. Either way, we use the utmost care with your secure details.
(12) Can I pay for my ad by check or money order? Yes, if you prefer to pay for your business listing by check or money order you can call and mail it in. Please note that all ads paid for by check or money order are required to be paid in full for the year. When it is time to renew your ad, you will receive an invoice.
If you have a question that is not answered here, feel free to contact us and ask for a sales person.