For Immediate Release: March 26, 2013
Budget Increase for Suffolk Schools: Hennessey Secures Increase in Aid for Local Districts
(Long Island, NY) Assemblyman Edward Hennessey (D-Medford) announced that the final state budget includes increased funding for Suffolk County school districts.
“A first order of business for me when I took office was to connect with our schools. I sat down with school leaders and I listened to what they had to say. It is this information that I took to Albany so I could fight for our children’s fair share.
“Ensuring that our schools get the resources they need in order to provide a quality education was a priority for me during these budget negotiations,” said Assemblyman Hennessey. “We all know that if we are to enjoy a bright and secure future, we have to take care of our children. The key lies in making sure they get a quality education from pre-k to college.”
Local School Aid and percent increased:
- Longwood Central School District: $1,582,635 or 2.37%
- Middle County Central School District: $2,764,524 or 4.13%
- Patchogue-Medford Central School District: $1,242,283 or 2.60%
- Sachem Central School District: $2,327,776 or 2.66%
- South Country Central School District: $1,533,033 or 4.10%
- William Floyd Central School District: $1,850,887 or 2.03%