Governor Cuomo Announces Deployment of Temporary Fuel Trucks Throughout the Region
(Long Island, N.Y.) On November 3rd, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced that temporary fuel trucks will be deployed in key locations in New York City and Long Island in order to help provide gas to emergency vehicles and the general public. The trucks are provided by the U.S. Department of Defense at the direction of President Obama and are being deployed in coordination with the New York National Guard at the direction of the Governor.
The 5,000 gallon trucks will be deployed throughout the morning and there are an additional 150,000 gallons of fuel available to restock the trucks throughout the day. There is a 10 gallon limit per vehicle. Cars can fill up directly off of the truck.
The trucks will be sent to the following locations:
- Queens Armory 93-05 160th St. Jamaica, NY 11433 (map)
- Bronx Armory 10 West 195th St. Bronx, NY 10468 (map)
- Brooklyn Armory 1579 Bedford Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11225 (map)
- Staten Island/Elizabeth Armory 321 Manor Road Staten Island, NY 10314 (map)
- Freeport Armory 63 Babylon Turnpike Freeport, NY 11520 (map)