Storm Relief Information for Western Suffolk County’s South Shore
(Long Island, N.Y.) Below find important Storm Relief Information for the Western section of Suffolk’s South Shore areas of Long Island.
- Residents who live south of Montauk Highway/Merrick Road in Babylon, West Babylon, Lindenhurst, Copiague and Amityville, as well as residents at the barrier beaches are required to have an electrical inspection before LIPA can restore power in these flood zones. The Town of Babylon is doing them for free. To schedule an appointment, call 631-957-7466.
- Legislator Horsley, in conjunction with OLPH Church, is collecting food and supplies (no more clothing at this time) at the district office located at 123 North Wellwood Avenue, Lindenhurst, Monday thru Friday 10-4.
- Nonprofits may be eligible for low-interest SBA loans. The link to apply online is https://disasterloan.sba.gov/
ela/By phone, 1-800-659-2955 or 1-800-621 3362.
- Residents who sustained property damage are encouraged to contact FEMA for an application number to determine whether they may be eligible for federal assistance. Call 1-800-621-3362 or apply online www.disasterassistance.gov You will need to provide your Social Security number, current and pre-disaster address, telephone number, insurance information, total household income, description of your losses and a routing and account number where funds can be transferred to. Note, assistance may also be available for businesses and employees impacted by the storm.
Deputy Presiding Officer Wayne R. Horsley would like to provide the following storm relief information and emergency contact numbers.
- Red Cross Shelter, St. Joseph’s College, 155 West Roe Blvd., Patchogue, NY
- American Red Cross -1-877-733-2767
- Babylon Town Hall, 200 E. Sunrise Hwy. Lindenhurst, Daily 8am-8pm until further notice 957-3000
- Lindenhurst Public Library, 1 Lee Ave. Lindenhurst, M-F: 9am-9pm; Saturday 9am-5pm, Recharging outlets and internet access, 957-7755
- St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, 39 N. Carll Ave. Babylon Village, M-F: 9am-3:30 pm, 669-4544; 669-0068
- West Babylon Public Library, 211 Route 109, West Babylon, Monday-Thursday 10am-9pm, Friday & Saturday 10am-5pm, 669-5445
- Copiague Public Library, 50 Deauville Blvd. Copiague, M-F 10am-9pm
SC Legislator Wayne R. Horsley’s Operation Sandy
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church Outreach 210 S. Wellwood Ave, Lindenhurst, 631-226-7725, Collecting and distributing Food & Supplies, M-F 9-12 and 4-6 pm
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Former School) Cafeteria, 210 S. Wellwood Ave, Lindenhurst, Coffee & light breakfast 6-9 am, Coffee & Dessert 6-9pm, Recharging outlets and internet access
- Rainbow Senior Center, 293 Buffalo Ave. @ 35th Street, Lindenhurst, 631-957-7526, Heat, hot meals & recharging outlets, 9:00am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday, Seniors and non-seniors welcome
- St. John’s Lutheran Church, 36 E. John Street, Lindenhurst, Serving hot meals every day 2:00pm-7:00 pm,
Important Phone Numbers:
- FEMA 1-800-621-3362
- American Red Cross 1-877-733-2767
- LIPA 1-800-490-0075
- National Grid 1-800-490-0045
- Police Non-Emergency 852-2677 (852-COPS)
- NYS Price Gouging Hotline 1-800-771-7755